- We successfully represented an insurance company in obtaining a summary judgment ruling where the insured submitted fraudulent documents to the insurance company. The insured was pursuing large claims in a valuation dispute when we discovered forged signatures on documents and asserted counterclaims based on the concealment and fraud provision in the insurance policy.
- Successfully defended claim for fraud in the inducement brought by developer against municipality that issued rulings which allegedly prevented development of property after developer had made substantial investment.
- Successfully defended motions for temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction which would have required substantial employer to cease operations based on unsubstantiated allegations of fraud and unfair trade practices. Subsequently, negotiated favorable settlement which allowed client to remain in business.
- Successfully sued a former officer and employee of a construction company for fraud, conversion and breach of the duty of loyalty.
- Represented premium jean maker Citizens of Humanity in a successful two week trial, obtaining a jury verdict of more than $11.3 million against Japanese distributors for breach of contract, trademark infringement, and fraud.
- Represented director Steven Spielberg in defense of claim for fraud by individual who had financed Mr. Spielberg's first short film, obtaining summary judgment dismissing the claim.